Drumlochy Castle is a ruined 16th century castle which belonged to the Chalmers family.
In May 1531 James V granted to John Spens of Maristoun various lands which included the one-sixteenth part of the lands of Innergelly, extending to 3 merks, which John Chalmer of Drumlochy had placed in ward with Archbishop Beaton. Spens later sold these lands to William Arthour, a citizen of St. Andrews, and his wife, Margaret Mertyne.
In April 1570 their son and heir, William Arthoure, resigned into the hands of Archbishop Hamilton the forty shilling lands of Innergelly which his parents had bought from John Spens and which were formerly owned by John Chalmer of Drumlochy, in favour of Chalmer’s son, William Chalmer of Drumloche. The following month William Chalmer granted a feu charter of the forty shilling lands of Innergelly in favour of John Spens of Condy and Joanna Arnot, his wife.
Alternative names for Drumlochy Castle