West Linton (site of)
The Old Manor House at West Linton is a multi-period building but incorporates the remains of a 16th century tower house.
The oldest part is a small two storey L-shaped structure with walls varying in thickness from around 1.1m to around 1.5m, although it may have had a third storey in the past. This tower may have been built in 1578 and local tradition states that it was built for the James Douglas, 4th Earl of Morton and Regent of Scotland, by masons who were building Drochil Castle for him further down the Lyne valley.
In the 18th century a wing was added to the east and other minor alterations were made to the building in the 19th and 20th centuries.
Alternative names for West Linton
Old Manor House