Glenbuchat Castle was built in 1590 for John Gordon of Cairnbarrow as a replacement for the Castle of Badenyon.
It remained in the Gordon family until 1738, and was owned by a succession of families until it was bought by the MP James William Barclay in 1901. His grandson, Colonel James Barclay Milne, put the castle in the care of the state in 1946, and it is now run by Historic Scotland.
Alternative names for Glenbuchat Castle
Glenbuchat House; Glenbucket Castle; Inverbuckat Castle