Glenkindy Castle (site of)
Built by William Strachan in 1595, Glenkindy Castle stood close to where the present Glenkindie House now stands.
The castle was attacked by Donald Farquherson of Monaltrie in 1639 and was demolished in 1644.
Several stones of the new Glenkindie House were taken from the castle, and feature the name and initials of the builder, and the date 1595. Glenkindie House is U-shaped in plan with an open courtyard to the south. The north side of the court (built in 1900) probably occupies the site of the castle, and the surviving east and west wings probably date to the 16th century date, but have been modernised over the years.
Alternative names for Glenkindy Castle
Glenkindie House, Glenkindy House