Assynt Castle (site of)
Eilean Assynt was the site of a 14th century keep belonging to the MacLeods, but only the remains of a few walls now survive.
Assynt Castle was granted to Torkyll M’Cloyd (Torquil MacLeod), one of the first chiefs of Clan MacLeod, by David II in 1343.
The construction of the walls on the island are stylistically similar to those of the castle island of Eilean nam Faoileag on Loch Brora.
It is thought to have been abandoned in the 16th century in favour of Ardvreck Castle.