Wardie Castle was built in the early 16th century and was later incorporated into Wardie House.
The original castle is thought to have been built in 1504 by the Towers family of Inverleith but was destroyed during the Rough Wooing of 1544.
Owned by the Boswalls of Wardie in the 18th century, it fell into disrepair and was extensively reconstructed around 1780 as Wardie House and again in 1860.
Alternative names for Wardie Castle
Wairdie; Warda; Wardie House; Wardie Tower; Waredey; Waredy; Weardie; Weirdie; Weirdy; Werdy