Kinnear Tower is a ruined tower house which belonged to the Kinnear of Kinnear family.
William of Kinnear is on record in the 1230s witnessing a charter, and some time between 1243 and 1260 Simon of Kinnear and his wife, Amy, granted the west half of the lands of Kinnear in feu to Balmerino Abbey, with the family retaining the east half.
The manor, tower and fortalice of Kynnere are mentioned in a charter from March 1512 when James IV erected various lands into the free barony of Kynnere for John Kynnere of Kynnere.
Alternative names for Kinnear Tower
E Kinnier; East Kinnear; Easter Kinnear; Easter Kinnear Tower; Estir Kynneir; Keaneir; Kineir; Kinneir; Kinner; Kinnere; Kyner; Kynneer; Kynneir; Kynneire; Kynner; Kynnere