Royston Castle (site of)
Royston Castle was the principle residence in the barony of Easter Granton (later known as Royston).
In 1739 John Campbell, the 2nd Duke of Argyll, bought Royston Castle from from Sir James Mackenzie, and renamed it Caroline Park after his daughter. The following year he bought the neighbouring estate of Wester Granton which included Granton Castle, and renamed that castle Royston Castle.
Alternative names for Royston Castle
Caroline Park; Caroline Park House; Royston House; Roystoun Castle; Roystoun House