Cockpen (site of)
Cockpen House was an old fortified house latterly belonging to the Ramsay family. It was bought by the Earl of Dalhousie in 1785 and later demolished.
During the reign of David II Adam Forrester was granted 40 shillings from the castleward of the barony of Dalwalce and Cokpene, confirmation of Clarkingtoun and remission of the castlewards of Clarkingtoun forever.
Nothing of the house now remains although a 32m long retaining wall below the site on the edge of the bank of the River South Esk may be associated with it.
Alternative names for Cockpen
Cockpen House; Cokpen; Cokpene