Rossie Castle (site of)
Rossie Castle was built in the late 18th century on the site of an earlier castle, but was demolished in 1949.
The barony of Rossie was an early barony in Angus.
In June 1624 James VI granted to William Barclay of Innergellie and his heirs the lands and barony of Rossie, comprising of the Mylntoun of Rossie, alias Eist-maynes, the lands of Stanelaw, the dominical lands of Wester-maynes of Rossie with the tower and manor, the mill of Holy-mylne, the lands of Westertoun of Rossie and the lands of Monby, which David Rossie of Rossie had placed in ward.
Alternative names for Rossie Castle
Rossy; Rossye; Rossyn; West Mains of Rossie; Wester-maynes of Rossie