Craig Castle was built in the 16th century on a square courtyard plan with an outer courtyard to the east, and has been incorporated into the later Craig House which was built in 1637. Two old towers remain from the old castle’s inner courtyard wall, at the south east and south west corners, featuring crow-stepped gables and corbelled parapets. They are still joined together by a section of the old wall, and the entrance would have been close to the south east tower. The south west tower has been incorporated into Craig House.
To the south of the outer courtyard the original gateway still stands, flanked by round towers.
NB – not to be confused with another Ogilvy castle, Craig Castle in Glenisla parish.
Alternative names for Craig House
Craig Castle; Craiges Castle; Craiges House; House Of The Craiges; House Of The Craigs; The Craig