Dunglass Castle (site of)
Dunglass Castle, a stronghold of the Earls of Home, was built in the 14th century. It was destroyed by Somerset in 1548, but had been rebuilt by 1603.
In 1807 Dunglass House was built on the site of the castle, but in 1947 it was gutted, and demolished in the 1950s to make way for a new house built in 1961.
Alternative names for Dunglass Castle