Although the present Byth House was largely built in 1932, it replaced an 18th century mansion which itself replaced or incorporated a 16th century castle. Nothing now remains of the earlier building apart from a stone plaque carrying the date 1593.
Byth House is in the parish of King Edward and the county of Aberdeenshire.
Grid reference: NJ 8170 5640
Lat / long: 57.597289, -2.307734
Enter a starting point