Balloch Castle was owned by James Drummond, the 1st Laird of Balloch in the late 15th century, but at some point after that it was incorporated into the Drummond estates of nearby Drummond Castle.
The last remains of the castle were removed around 1840, and all that now remains is a slight rise in the field and a scattering of stones.
Alternative names for Balloch Castle
Where is Balloch Castle?
Balloch Castle is in the parish of Muthill and the county of Perthshire.
Grid reference:NN 8395 1920
Lat / long:56.350910,-3.879374