Wester Ogil was a castle belonging to the Lyon family which was replaced by a later house, subsequently demolished.
The lands of Wester Ogil were owned by the Lyon family from the 14th century.
The castle is marked as a four storey tower with two storey wing named W: ogill on Pont’s late 16th century map.
The castle was later replaced by Glenogil Old House, a sprawling U-plan mansion which was demolished around 1950. This house was replaced by Glenogil House Hall, originally used for dances and social occasions but subsequently used to house estate workers.
Alternative names for Wester Ogil
Castle of Wester Ogill; Glenogil; Glenogil Old House; W. Ogill; W: ogill; W. Ogle; Wester Ogill; Wester Ogle