Ormiston Castle (site of)
Ormiston Castle was a 15th century castle belonging to the Ormiston family, although only a mound survives.
The Ormiston of Ormiston family held lands here since at least the 13th century. The castle was attacked by the English in 1523 and 1544.
In 1581 the barony of Ormiston was acquired by Robert Anstruther of the Anstruthers of Anstruther, possibly the Captain Robert Anstruther who was in 1561 the commander of the French garrison on Inchkeith in the Forth. He resigned Ormiston to William Ker of Cessford in 1585.
Alternative names for Ormiston Castle
Old Ormiston Castle; Ormeston; Ormiston Tower; Ormistoun