Linplum (site of)
The site of the ancient house of Linplum stands in a walled kitchen garden belonging to the later Linplum House, although nothing is now visible on the ground.
In March 1466 or 1467 an inquest ruled that Sir William of Hay was heir to his father, Edmund Hay of Thalow, in the quarter lands of Lynplum.
In the mid-19th century “much-reduced fragments” of the south, east and west walls could still be seen, and were of such a thickness that they suggested the original tower house was “of considerable strength and size”.
Alternative names for Linplum
Limplum; Limplum House; Linplum House; Lynplum