Sir John de Graham's Castle
Sir John de Grahame’s Castle, also known as Dundaff Castle, belonged to the Graham family in the 13th century.
Around 1240 Symone Croc and Thoma Croc, sons of Robert Croc, lord of Crookston, were witnesses to a charter by Maol Domhnaich to Sir David of Grahame of three silver merks due to him for the rent of Strathblane. Simon and Thomas Croc also witnessed a charter by Maol Domhnaich to Sir David of Grahame of a half carucate of land of Strathblane at a similar time.
In 1272 Symone Crock resigned in favour of Sir Patrick of Grahame the lands of “Brengrochane and Kymonedhane and Gartbethe” (Balgrochan, Kilmannan and Carbeth) which he’d received from Maol Domhnaich, Earl of Lennox, in 1225.
In 1370 Sir David Grahame of Dundaff resigned his lands of Lynton Schelis in the Carnmore on the estate of Lyntounerothiryk due to purprision (encroachment on another’s land). However any dispute seems to have been an amicable one as Grahame was then granted the same lands by Sir James Douglas of Dalkeith who owned Lyntounerothiryk.
Alternative names for Sir John de Graham's Castle
Doundaff; Dudaff; Dun-Daff Castell; Dundaff Castle; Graham's Castle