Rennyhill (site of)
Rennyhill was a castle belonging to the Lumsdaine family which was later remodelled as a mansion in the mid-18th century.
In the 17th century Rennyhill was owned by William Lumisdaine, the youngest son of Colonel James Lumsdaine of Innergellie and Christian Rutherford. Innergellie is a neighbouring estate to the north-east.
In 1823 William Lumsdaine of Rennyhill inherited Innergellie upon the death of his distant cousin, Major John Lumsdaine of Lathallan. William was a great-great-grandson of William Lumisdaine of Rennyhill and a great-great-great-grandson of Colonel Lumsdaine and Christian Rutherford.
An associated doocot features a gunloop which may have been reused from the earlier castle.
Alternative names for Rennyhill
Old Rennyhill House; Rannyhill; Rennyhill House