Mow Tower was the seat of the Mow family however only the grass-covered footings of the building remain.
The tower of Mowe was burnt in September 1545 by an English army led by Edward Seymour, Earl of Hertford.
In 1596 the laird of Mow and John Mow of Mow Mains were troubled by the theft of twenty cows and oxen by George Ker of Crukehalme.
In January 1627 John Mow of Mow sold his lands of Mow-toun, Mow-maynes, Mow-mylne and Carroust, and William and Gilbert Mow of Mowis-maynes sold their lands of Mowis-maynes, to John Wardlaw of Abden, third son of Sir Henry Wardlaw of Pitreavie, to settle an 1100 pound debt to Sir Henry.
Alternative names for Mow Tower
Moll; Molle; Mowhaugh Tower; Mowtoure; Tower of Mowe