Cardross House is a 16th century tower which was extended in the 18th and 19th centuries.
In March 1604 James VI granted a charter to John Erskine, 2nd Earl of Mar, of all the lands which once belonged to the monasteries of Inchmahome, Cambuskenneth and Dryburgh, uniting them all into the lordship and barony of Cardross. This was presumably the superiority of those lands. The Earl of Mar was a relation of David Erskine, Commendator of Dryburgh.
James VI confirmed a charter by the Earl of Mar in March 1617 to his son, Henry Erskine, of the lordship and barony of Cardross.
In March 1637 David Erskine, male heir of Henry Erskine of Cardrois, was granted the lands and barony which formerly belonged to Dryburgh
Alternative names for Cardross House