Balquolly Castle belonged to the Mowat family from around 1400 to 1729, when it was sold to Alexander Duff of Hatton. Renamed Hatton Castle, it was rebuilt from 1812 to 1814 as a castellated mansion, incorporating parts of the old castle.
Balquolly Castle is in the parish of Turriff and the county of Aberdeenshire.
Grid reference: NJ 7571 4697
Lat / long: 57.51186228, -2.405639698
Enter a starting point