Lanton Tower is a 16th century tower house which has been extended and altered over the centuries.
The core of the building is a tower consisting of three storeys and a garret, with a vaulted basement at ground level. On the north-east façade of the tower are a pair of gunloops.
The tower was altered in the 17th century, and a service wing was added in 1855 and in 1865 the tower was further altered.
In 1990 and 1991 many of the later additions to the tower we removed and it was reconstructed in something resembling its probable 17th century form.