Two towers and a church, all seemingly named Cowtyr, are marked on Pont’s late 16th century map. This may represent Culter Allers, the kirk of Culter, and Culter House.
The Baillies of Bagbie and Hardington, a cadet branch of the Baillies of Lamington, bought Culterallers from Menzies of Culterallers in 1771.
At some point the house seems to have been demolished and replaced by a new house to the east.
Alternative names for Culter Allers
Coulter-Allers; Coulterallers; Cowtyr; Culter-Allers; Culteralers; Culteralleis; Culterallers