Broughton House (possible)
Broughton House is an 18th century mansion however it replaced an earlier building which may have been fortified.
The basement of Broughton House is vaulted and within the garden are two late 17th century gatepiers with pineapple finials separating the house’s terrace from the garden and three sundials dating to the 17th & 18th centuries.
The property was the townhouse of the Murrays of Broughton and the mansion may have been built by James Murray some time after succeeding his father, Alexander, in 1751. James was also responsible for building Cally House between 1763 and 1765 as a replacement for Cally Castle.