Peel of Livingston
The Peel of Livingston was a 12th century castle although nothing of it now remains.
Henry de Lewyngstoun is on record in 1431, styled as lord of Manerstoun, granting the lands of Middle Binning to his son, also Henry.
The castle was later replaced by Livingston House which was demolished in the 19th century and the site now falls within a public park which includes a motte-like structure however this is a modern construction.
Alternative names for Peel of Livingston
Levingstoun; Levingstoune; Levistoun Peel; Lewyngstoun; Livingston House; Peel; Peil of Livingston; Piell of Livingston