A cairn here was mentioned in the Name Book as having been destroyed before its publication in 1865, and the stones used for building material. It may have included standing stones, leading it to be described as the East Cult stone circle. No trace of it is visible today in an improved field.
Alternative names for East Cult
Edinburgh and London, 1926