West Lodge, Wedderburn Castle
Page last updated on Friday the 4th of May 2012 at 9:37 pm
The West Lodge is located at the West Gate of the grounds of Wedderburn Castle and was recently re-built to form a spacious self-catering property.
The original fabric of the building, which dates from around 1820, has been retained while a contemporary element has now been added. It has been finished to the highest standard of comfort and includes Canadian pitch pine floorboards and locally-quarried flagstones throughout.
The oldest part of the building now forms a double-height kitchen and sitting room area with original wooden beams, an oversized stone fireplace and wood-fired stove.
A glazed sun-room looks across surrounding lawns and leads to the newly-created bedroom wing.
Sleeps six: two king size double rooms; one twin room; three modern, stylishly appointed bathrooms.
- Garden Cottage, Wedderburn Castleself-catering cottage (0.03 km)
- Keeper's Cottage, Wedderburn Castleself-catering cottage (0.65 km)
- Groom's Cottage, Wedderburn Castleself-catering cottage (0.65 km)
- Bank House, Dunsself-catering apartment (2 km)
- Pavilion Lodge, Duns Castleself-catering cottage (2.68 km)
- Groom's Cottageself-catering cottage (5.61 km)
- Gardener's Cottageself-catering cottage (5.64 km)
- The Coach Houseself-catering cottage (5.65 km)
- The Wheatsheaf Restaurant With Roomshotel (6.14 km)
- 4 Swinton Hill Farm Cottagesself-catering cottage (6.49 km)