This stone, along with Orphir 1, was found built into a wall at St Nicholas’ Church, Earl’s Bu, in 1939 but is now considered lost.
During excavations in 1939 the stone was found built horizontally into the footings of a wall below ground level at the north-west corner of the pend tower. It is thought to have been installed in that location in the 12th century.
The stone measures around 0.9m tall by 0.4m across and is carved with a rectangle and a crescent and V-rod. It is no longer visible but is probably still in situ.
Alternative names for Orphir 2
Earl’s Bu 2