This fragment of a Class III cross shaft, measuring 0.43m long, was found within a retaining wall by the side of a road in Abernethy in 1896.
On both the front and back sides the carvings have been removed, but the sides are still decorated with a running scroll of a plant stem on one side and interlacing with double-beaded bands on the other.
The original location of the stone has since been lost, but the stone itself is now in the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh (catalogue number IB 176).
Where is Abernethy No. 5?