Woodhall first belonged to the Seton family as part of the barony of Wester Pencaitland, passing to John Sinclair of Hermanston in 1488. In the 16th century a rectangular tower was built, with walls around 1.3 metres thick.
By 1799 the castle was in ruins, and in 1884 it was lowered to two storeys and incorporated into a small mansion house.
Where is Woodhall House?
Woodhall House is in the parish of Pencaitland and the county of East Lothian.
Grid reference:NT 42837 68097
Lat / long:55.90174899,-2.914923274