Whiteford (site of)
The Ordnance Survey Name Book of 1867 writes of an old castle which once stood here, and mentions that the foundations of an old building and some earthworks were removed a few years before 1867.
The site has now been ploughed beyond recognition, and nothing remains other than a shallow hollow on the north side of the site, which is evidence of a wide ditch.
Directions to Whiteford
Enter a starting point
Alternative names for Whiteford
Bridgend, Pitcaple, River Urie, Riverbank Wood