Rannagulzion House is an 18th and 19th century mansion which is built on or near the site of an earlier castle.
A large castle named West Drymmy is marked on Pont’s late 16th century map of Strathardle, Glenshee and Glenericht.
In 1586 Margaret Anstruther, possibly a daughter of John Anstruther of Anstruther, received a charter of the lands of Westir Drimmeis from John Stewart, 5th Earl of Atholl. She married Archibald Herring or Heryng of Drums and Wester Gormack.
West Drimmie was later renamed Rannagulzion House (not to be confused with High Rannagulzion to the north).
Alternative names for West Drimmie
Haughs Of Drimmie; Low Rannagulzion; Low Rannie; Rannagallion; Rannagulzion House; Runnagullane; W. Drummie; West Drummie; West Drymmy; Wester Drimmie; Wester Drimmies; Wester Drummie; Westir Drimmeis