Skroggs is marked as a tower on Blaeu’s mid-17th century map and the lands of Scrogs are mentioned in 1208.
The property is also marked on Hondius’s map of 1630, based on Pont’s late 16th century work, as a tower named Birks of Lymm Skroggs.
The last remains of it were removed some time before 1856 and the stones used to build Hamildean farm.
Alternative names for Scrogs
Birks of Linn; Birks of Lymm Skroggs; Skroggs