Randerston is an altered 16th century tower house which was built by the Myrtoun or Morton family.
In October 1505 John Myretoun of Randlestoune was granted remission for his involvement in the “Forcible Abduction (‘Raptus’) of Elezabeth Sym, relict of John Elder in Kingisbernys“.
Randerston was originally located within the parish of Crail however in 1631 Kingsbarns parish was established as a separate entity from Crail, comprising of “the lands of Pitmillie, Mortoun of Pitmillie, mylnes thairof, Kilduncane, Falsyde, Cuikstoun, Gersmestoun, Kingisbarnes and baronie of Kippo, Cambed, Belches and Mwirhouse, Randerstoun and Newtoun”.
Alternative names for Randerston House
Randerstone; Randerstoun; Randlestoune
Where is Randerston House?
Randerston House is in the parish of Kingsbarns and the county of Fife.
Grid reference:NO 60863 10842
Lat / long:56.28840400,-2.63381440