Philiphaugh was a 16th century tower house belonging to the Murrays.
The tower was built in 1535, although the Murrays had held the lands for almost a century longer.
It is marked as Philliphauch on Blaeu’s mid-17th century map.
In 1722 it was described as an ancient house with a doocot but was demolished around 1847.
It was replaced by a new house further west.
Alternative names for Philiphaugh
Philip Haugh; Philiphauch; Philiphaūch; Philiphaugh House; Philips-Haugh; Philipshauch; Philipshaugh; Philliphauch; Phillphaugh