Blantyre (site of)
There was a tower house surrounded by a moat at Blantyre however it was demolished in the late 18th century and replaced by a new house.
Blantyre was the seat of the barony of Blantyre, the first lord of which was Patrick, Earl of Dunbar, around 1240.
The new house, now known as Mains Old Place, was probably built by the Coats family.
Alternative names for Blantyre
Blantyre, Old Place; Mains of Blantyre; Mains Old Place; Old Place, Blantyre