Old Nenthorn House was an early 18th century mansion however it incorporated a vaulted chamber from an earlier tower.
In 1596 Sir John Prestoun of Fentonbarns bought the lands of Newthorne (possibly Nenthorn) from James Borthwick, 7th Lord Borthwick, along with the lands of Buitland and Buitlandhill (Butelands) in the lordship of Borthwick.
Old Nenthorn House fell out of use in the late 19th century and by the late 20th century was a roofless shell. The remains of the house were partially demolished in 2006 ahead of the construction of a new house leaving only the barrel-vaulted chamber and a section of walling, containing a later window opening, extending east from it.
Alternative names for Nenthorn
Nenthorn House; Newthorne; Old Nenthorn House