Milton (site of)
There was a tower house at Milton which belonged to the Blair family.
Some time before 1177 Alan fitz Walter, 2nd High Steward of Scotland, granted Milnefinlen to Adam, son of Gilbert, son of Richer, lord of Kilbucho, along with Tarboultoun, Preueic, Drumley, Roderbren, Brenego and Enterkine. The charter was witnessed amongst others by Sir Robert de Croc of Neilston, lord of Crookston, and his son, Alan.
Milnefinlen is thought to be an early form of Milton.
Milton was the main residence of the Blair family in the 16th century.
In the 18th century a new house was built which incorporated part of the old tower. Milton House was subsequently remodelled in 1885.
Alternative names for Milton
Milnefinlen; Milton House; Miltoun