The present Luffness House has at its core a much earlier structure, Luffness Castle – possibly as early as the 13th century, but certainly dating back to the early 16th century at the very least.
Luffness Castle was sacked in 1548 and rebuilt as a T-plan tower house in 1584. A large beehive doocot survives from the late 16th century.
Several major additions were made in the 18th and 19th centuries, with Scots Baronial details.
Alternative names for Luffness House
Aberlady Castle; Luffness Castle