Kittlehall was a tower house which was in ruins by the late 18th century and of which nothing now survives.
The tower stood on a very slight ridge set back from Holms Water and may have been contemporary with the nearby Wrae Tower which was probably built in the 16th century. Both towers were owned by the family of Geddes of Rachan.
In 1775 the tower was in ruins and was replaced by the house of Rachan to the north-east. At some point the last of the ruins must have been removed as there are no remains of the castle on the site.
Alternative names for Kittlehall
Cuttle-hall; Cuttlehall; Kaitilhall; Rachan