Kinnaird House is a largely 19th century mansion however it incorporates part of an earlier tower house.
The lands of Kinnaird House were granted to the Abbot of Holyrood in 1229 and were sold to Sir Alexander Bruce of Stenhouse and Airth in 1476.
A large tower with adjoining wing is marked as Kenard on Pont’s late 16th century map.
A heraldic panel carved with the date 1602 over a coat of arms and the initials RB for Robert Bruce and MD for Martha Douglas is thought to have once been installed on the tower however it is now located on the garden wall.
The present house was built in 1894.
Alternative names for Kinnaird House