Kerse Castle (site of)
Kerse Castle was a property of the family of Craufurd of Kerse, but nothing of it now remains.
The castle is marked on Blaeu’s mid-17th century map based on Pont’s late 16th century work.
A slight platform is evident at the site but whether or not this is related to the castle is unknown. The tower may have been dismantled and the stone used to build Skeldon House around 1760.
Alternative names for Kerse Castle
Cars; Cars Castle; Carse