Kair House (possible) (site of)
Kair House is an early 19th century mansion house situated within the remains of a Roman marching camp. An archaeological investigation prior to the installation of an underground electricity cable in 2004 revealed a U-shaped ditch measuring 4.5m wide by 1.45m deep, the fill of which produced a radiocarbon date of AD 1250. This may suggest that Kair House is built on the site of a moated medieval castle.
Alternative names for Kair House
House Of Kair, House Of Kairs