Hamilton Palace was a huge palatial country house built in the 17th century and enlarged in the 18th and 19th centuries, but at its core were the remains of 13th century tower house.
It was demolished in 1927 but some architectural elements were saved including wooden panelling which is now in the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh.
The panelling was completed in around 1700 by William Morgan, a celebrated London woodcarver. The 10th Duke of Hamilton added his arms as a Knight of the Garter in the 19th century and also installed the black marble mantlepiece.
Alternative names for Hamilton Palace
Hamilton Castle; The Orchard