Fairgirth House is a low two storey farmhouse which incorporates the remains of a 16th century tower.
The lands of Fairgirth belonged to the Lindsay family certainly as early as the mid-15th century and were owned by James Lindsay, Chamberlain of Galloway, by 1460.
The west end of the current building incorporates a three storey building with walls around 0.8m thick and a turret stair in the north-east corner. Tacked onto the north side of this is a curved porch which looks like it may be a truncated external stair tower. The original tower was added to in the 17th and late 18th or early 19th centuries, extending it to the east.