Dunino (site of)
The last remains of an old building removed in 1815 on Dunino Law have been interpreted as either a castle, fortified house or nunnery.
The New Statistical Account of Scotland stated that the “internal space was formed into two divisions, and the door fronted east”, which might describe the basement of a tower house.
It appears on the Gordons’ mid-17th century map as either Duninor or Duninow, and slightly later on Blaeu’s map as Duniow.
Alternative names for Dunino