The Old Castle of Drumtochty is thought to have been a tower house.
It was almost certainly superseded by the nearby house of Woodstock, built around 1755, and later incorporated into the new Drumtochty Castle, built around 1810 to 1812, and altered in 1815 to 1816 and again in 1839.
Nothing now remains on the site, which is situated in a forest.
Alternative names for Drumtochty Castle
Castle Hill, Dhulin Burn, Old Castle of Drumtochty