Dron (site of)
Robert Mercer of Innerpeffray sold his lands to Thomas Oliphant of Dron before the 15th of June 1468.
In 1528 John Balmanno of Balmanno granted a charter to Peter Carmichael of Drone and his wife, Euphame Wemyss, of the lands of Mundy and a quarter part of those of Nether Aberargie, and in the same document Archibald Douglas, 6th Earl of Angus, granted them the lands of Drone.
Dron is marked on John Adair’s 1720 map (based on his 1683 manuscript) as a tower.
Alternative names for Dron
Drone; West Dron