Cramond Tower is a 14th century four-storey tower house, probably built for the Bishops of Dunkeld. It was later bought by an Edinburgh merchant named John Inglis in 1622, but the family moved to nearby Cramond House when it was built around 1680, and the castle was abandoned for almost 300 years.
In the 1970s the castle was bought, restored and reoccupied, and in the 1990s a two storey extension was added on the east side.
Where is Cramond Tower?
Cramond Tower is in the parish of Edinburgh and the county of Midlothian.
Grid reference:NT 19092 76963
Lat / long:55.978812,-3.298072